A Brent man who targeted and violently attacked women commuters around Underground stations in north London has been jailed.

Mohammad Yahia Alloush, of High Road, attacked three female travellers over the course of two weeks in 2021.

In his first attack, on September 5, the 26-year-old was seen on CCTV loitering around Dollis Hill Underground Station.

READ MORE: Police search for missing man last seen three weeks ago

For around 20 minutes, he watched passengers exiting the station.

He then followed a woman down a number of nearby streets before violently attacking and sexually assaulting her, according to police.

On September 11 he was riding a Santander hire bicycle around an area nearby to the same station, potentially on the look-out for a victim, police said.

A woman was walking home from meeting friends at around 10.30pm, coming out of the same station.

She was in a nearby street when she was confronted by Alloush.

He demanded money and then sexually assaulted the woman before her cries attracted the attention of nearby residents.

Alloush ran off before police arrived.

READ MORE: Man 'brazenly' sexually assaulted women on buses for months

On September 16 Alloush was seen leaving Neasden Underground Station at around 7.30pm.

At around 10.30pm he was seen on CCTV walking towards his next victim in a nearby alleyway.

He attacked and sexually assaulted her, this time also choosing to steal a pair of headphones before running off.

CID detectives based at Wembley Police Station combed through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage gathered from underground stations and from dozens of nearby homes and businesses.

READ MORE: Hackney Wick stabbing: Man, 38, is charged after death of Trei Daley

After the first attack Alloush was tracked as he ran back to the station wearing a distinctive black and white striped top.

Once back at the station he used his Oyster card to tap in at the barrier.

Even while running from this attack Alloush could still be seen paying close attention to other women using the station, said the Met.

He was arrested by the Metropolitan Police’s North West Predatory Offender Unit on his way to work as a labourer on September 29, 2021.

A number of addresses linked to him were searched.

Alloush was sentenced to four years and eleven months in prison yesterday (Friday, February 24) at Harrow Crown Court.

At his sentencing police were granted a Sexual Harm Prevention Order which prevents Alloush being within 50 metres of any underground, train station or bus stop in London between 7pm and 7am until 2030.

The victims told the court in impact statements that Alloush’s actions had devastated them mentally.

In several cases the attacks had made them fearful of leaving the house after dark, said the Met.

When they did leave they were constantly looking over their shoulder and one victim had taken to carrying a colour spray with which to spray any further attacker and a whistle to attract attention.

For the latest crime news in North London, join our North London Crime Watch group on Facebook.

Detective Constable Matthew Chapman said: "Mohammed Alloush is a cowardly, predatory offender, who appeared unafraid of attacking women who he had picked out near underground stations...

"His offending was apparently escalating when he was caught and areas of North West London are all the safer for him being in prison.

"Alloush always denied involvement and I would like to pay tribute to the bravery of the victims who were ready to give evidence against him right up until the first day of trial when he changed his plea to guilty."