There have been 20 further announced deaths of Covid-19 patients around north west and west London.

NHS England has confirmed an additional 20 deaths of patients with Covid-19 being treated at the London North West University Healthcare NHS trust.

In yesterday’s reports, there were 38 deaths announced which ranged between March 18 up until March 30.

As for todays update, another death was also recorded for March 18, and the 20 deaths took between then up until yesterday (March 31).

From the new numbers released by NHS England, there were 8 more deaths on March 29, taking the total death toll on that day at the trust to 19.

The trust runs a series of hospitals including Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow, Ealing Hospital and Central Middlesex Hospital – but it is not clear which hospitals these deaths took place in.

NHS England have said that the deaths announced today in England were between 13 and 99 years old.

Twenty of the 486 deaths announced today had no known underlying health conditions.

The families have been informed.

This brings the total number of confirmed reported deaths at hospitals in England to 2,137, and the total in UK to 2,352.

Northwick Park hospital declared a "critical incident" on March 19 due to the rising numbers of coronavirus patients, which lasted for 24 hours before it was stood down.

As a result, the hospital had met its beds at full capacity and had to send patients to neighbouring hospitals around and near north west London.

Staff at Northwick Park Hospital have been urging people to stay at home to help them, while another member of staff said they were feeling a “sense of paranoia” due to the influx of patients and disorganisation with personal protective equipment (PPE).

Earlier on, staff were not being tested for symptoms and Dr Laith Al-Rubaiy at the hospital admitted that a colleague of his had to pay hundreds for a private test, only to find out they had contracted the virus.

Another worker, who wished to remain anonymous, explained to the Harrow Times that there was a confusion with the hadnling of personal protective equipment - causing them to share one individual visor between them and a colleague.