Wealdstone ran riot at the Vale to secure a 3-0 victory over Solihull Moors in their final home game of the season.

But their first-ever victory over the Moors ended on a nervous note as Corie Andrews suddenly collapsed on the turf and proceedings came to a standstill.

Paramedics rushed to the scene and thankfully Andrews regained consciousness a few minutes later.

“Fair play to everyone who reacted very quickly and fair play to Neal Ardley as well who told the fourth official to just call the game,” said Stones assistant manager Matty Saunders.

“Everyone reacted quickly and that’s what they're there for, so hopefully Corrie will be okay.

“It wasn’t a nice way to end the game, but the biggest thing now is that he’s okay and he’s got all our best wishes.”

Wealdstone Chairman Rory Fitzgerald has since confirmed Andrews was taken to hospital for precautionary measures.

“The hospital carried out several tests which thankfully came back clear," he said.

"Corie is now at home resting. He will be unavailable for the remaining game away at Southend whilst he begins a controlled return to play programme. We wish Corie a full and speedy recovery."

Goals from Nathan Ferguson, Micah Obiero and Charles Clayden sealed victory for the Stones to end a torrid 10-game winless run.

Solihull started on the front foot and should have taken the lead within 20 minutes as Joey Jones sent a free header wide from a corner and Jack Stevens blasted over from inside the box.

Wealdstone had their first sight of goal from a deep free-kick on the right which was whipped in by Ashley Charles and met by Charlie Barker, who rose highest but saw his glancing header bounce wide.

With half an hour played, Solihull tested Sam Howes as Justin Donawa cut in on his left and tried to squeeze an effort in at his near post, but the keeper got down well to thwart the attempt.

The Stones then punished their visitors on the break as Ferguson drove into Kieran Boucher’s box and dispatched the ball into the bottom right corner to give his side a 1-0 advantage.

And the hosts doubled their lead just before half-time when the referee pointed to the spot after Junior Tiensia clumsily took down Obiero in the box.

The 22-year-old picked himself up and smashed his spot-kick into the far left corner.

The Moors came out fighting in the second half and forced Howes into a wonderful save on 62 minutes when substitute Mark Beck headed back across goal and Donawa headed powerfully down to the left corner, but Howes scrambled across his line to flick the ball wide of the post.

Wealdstone made the visitors pay for their missed opportunities as a sweeping team move saw Dom Hutchinson break and play a good ball through to Sonny Blu Lo-Everton on the right, with the Derby County loanee picking out Clayden perfectly at the far post to power his effort into the top right corner.

Solihull’s night was summed up when Beck sent a thumping header crashing off the woodwork with 15 minutes left to play.