Underdogs Wealdstone enjoyed one of their great days after completely upsetting the pre-match odds to cruise into the FA Trophy semi-finals after a dramatic and crushing 5-2 victory over big-spending Billericay Town at the AGP Arena on Saturday.

New signing Bradley Bubb struck a hat-trick on his debut, with Ricky Wellard again scoring in the FA Trophy and Matty Whichelow netting direct from a corner. Rob Swaine and Ricky Modeste replied for the hosts on a day when they were totally out-classed, out-foxed and out-planned by their opponents on a difficult playing surface with minimal grass coverage.

The semi-final draw takes place at 1pm tomorrow and Stones are the only side definitely through to the last four, as the other three quarter-finals all require replays. Brackley Town drew 1-1 at Stockport County, Leyton Orient let a three-goal lead slip at home to Gateshead, while Bromley’s home tie with Spennymoor Town ended goalless.

Stones boss Bobby Wilkinson made four changes to the side that lost to Gloucester City on Monday night. Dan Fitchett dropped to the bench and David Pratt, Ian Gayle and Iffy Allen missed out through being cup-tied and their places were taken by Bubb, Whichelow, Glenn Wilson and Mustafa Tiryaki.

Although Billericay are in the division below – and top of it - they oozed quality and pedigree throughout and offered their first warning just three minutes in when Sam Deering bundled the ball into the net only for the linesman to rule the goal out after he adjudged Robbie Evans’ cross to have gone out of play.

Wealdstone offered their first threat after 12 minutes; Alan Julian parried Bubb’s long-range effort into the path of Wellard but the midfielder smashed the rebound into the side netting.

Eight minutes later the Stones led. Whichelow played a well-weighted long ball to Bubb, he slipped his marker Evans and slotted past the out-rushing Julian with consummate ease to send the hundreds of vociferous travelling fans behind the goal into raptures.

However, the hosts’ response came soon after. Jonathan North got down well to deny Deering's effort, but Jake Robinson reacted quickest to play the rebound back to the unmarked Swaine at the far post who nodded past the Welsh keeper.

In an afternoon of end-to-end drama, Wealdstone replied immediately when Accrington Stanley loanee Reagan Ogle played a deep cross into Bubb, who brought the ball down superbly on his chest and then dinked it past Julian with the second touch.

Stones were back in front and carried this momentum through the remainder of the first half. Tiryaki brought down a long ball and played Wellard into the box, he beat Matt Paine before his effort caught Julian out at the near post, doubling the Stones’ advantage and making it 3-1.

With the breathless action continuing, Whichelow then, almost unbelievably, added a fourth just five minutes later, scoring direct from a corner when the experienced Julian somehow completely missed his punch to clear.

However, North made a crucial save up the other end just before half time. Robinson had initially beat the keeper but North somehow recovered to stop his effort trickling over the line.

Billericay boss Glenn Tamplin, in his supposed final game as Blues manager, made a triple half-time substitution with ex-Premier League star Jamie O'Hara introduced as one of the changes.

This didn’t faze Wealdstone though and Bubb, completed his hat-trick just minutes into the second period. Okimo threw the ball to the ever dangerous new signing and he was given the freedom of Essex to turn and then swerve an effort past Julian from the edge of the box.

The Blues dominated the rest of the half as they searched for a scant consolation at the very minimum. But North was proving difficult to beat in the Wealdstone goal, thwarting Robinson at his feet after being put through on goal.

Sam Cox then made two clearances off the line in quick succession, but a minute later the hosts pulled one back when Modeste nodded Swaine's deep cross past North.

North again produced more heroics, denying substitutes O'Hara and Billy Bricknell, before thwarting Deering with another one-on-one in injury time to keep the scoreline at a remarkable and memorable 5-2 and giving Wealdstone fans one of the greatest away results in recent history.

Wealdstone: North, Ogle, Okimo, Wilson, Oshodi, Cox, Whichelow, Wellard, Tiryaki (Fitchett 80), Green, Bubb (Goodger 88). Subs not used: Day, Otudeko, Artwell.