A fourth man has been jailed in connection with the murder of a builder shot dead as he sat in his car in Harrow town centre two years ago.

Micah Lewis, 30, of no fixed abode, was sentenced to 12 years in prison at the Old Bailey on Wednesday after pleading guilty to manslaughter over the death of Lee Hook in Kymberley Road, near the Royal Oak pub, on October 22, 2010.

Last December, three other men, Tyrone Starkie, Azariah Morgan, and Ashley Morgan, were convicted in relation to the murder. Along with Lewis's conviction, the four have been sentenced to a total of 65 years in prison.

Mr Hook, a carpenter from Gerrards Cross in Buckinghamshire, was gunned down as he sat in a VW Golf GTI in the street at approximately 1.40am after a long-running feud between one of his friends and his killers.

He had received a call from Adam Stevens, 30, asking him to pick him up after he had a row with three men at the Royal Oak pub, but as he waited in a side road, three men pulled up in a silver Mercedes and fired two shots.

One of the bullets hit Mr Hook's head and he died five days later in hospital, prompting a manhunt for those responsible, who had fled to Newquay in Cornwall where they were arrested in a hotel room.

His family issued an emotional appeal to the <i>Harrow Times<i> in the week after the murder, paying tribute to a “young man of true character who filled all our lives”.

Judge Peter Rook said that the gang had killed an innocent victim. Mr Hook had become a father for the first time six weeks before.

Detective Chief Inspector Tim Duffield, of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “Lee had everything to live for. Tragically, he had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and was caught in the crossfire of someone else's dispute.

“Lewis and the other men responsible gave no thought to the devastating consequences of their actions – in a split second robbing an entire family, including Lee's newborn son, of a much loved young man.”

Ashley Morgan, 26, of Harrow, was jailed for life and ordered to serve a minimum of 32 years for murder following a trial in December.

Tyrone Starkie, 26, of Whitby Road, Harrow, was found guilty of manslaughter and was given 18 years.

Morgan's brother Azariah, 28, of Harrow, was convicted of assisting an offender and was jailed for three-and-a-half years.