The bodies of two murdered sisters were found by worried friends dumped in a hedge, the Old Bailey heard today.

Danyal Hussein, 18, is charged with the “unprovoked and random” murders of Bibaa Henry and her half-sister Nicole Smallman, aged 46 and 27 respectively, in Fryent Country Park after their body was found on June 7.

Their bodies were found together with a “blood stained knife” nestled among plants when their friends went searching for the sisters.

The two were celebrating the birthday of Miss Henry at the park with a group of friends, but the sisters remained in the early hours of June 6 as their group left, before they were stabbed.

Hussein, of Blackheath in south east London, appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink from Wandsworth Prison in south London.

He sat and spoke only to confirm his identity.

Harrow Times:

Flowers left for the sisters at Fryent Park (Photo: SWNS)

Joel Smith, prosecuting, told the court that after loved ones failed to get in touch with the sister following the birthday, they searched the park again and found their bodies on June 7.

Harrow Times:

The last photo of the sisters at Fryent Park (Photo: Met Police)

Mr Smith said: “On June 7 a group of concerned friends returned to the park to search for them and went to the area where the picnic had been held and found some sunglasses beginning to Miss Henry and then a blood stained knife and the bodies of both deceased lying in a hedgerow.

“Miss Smallman had her clothing pushed up, exposing her midriff and multiple stab wounds.

“Miss Henry also had her clothes pulled up over her head exposing friction marks on her stomach.

“Subsequent postmortem had revealed multiple stab wounds to both deceased.”

Harrow Times:

A crime scene remained for nearly a month (Photo: SWNS)

At the end of the 10-minute hearing Hussein was remanded into custody and is next due to appear in court on September 21 when he will be asked to enter a plea.

Harrow Times:

Police at an entrance for Fryent Park (Photo:SWNS)

Separate from the court hearing, two servicing officers were suspended after reports of them taking “non-official” and “inappropriate” photographs at the crime scene.

They were arrested on June 22 on suspicion of misconduct, but they were bailed pending further enquiries and suspended from duty.

It is believed that these photographs were selfies including the dead bodies, and they were shared through Whatsapp.