Harrow Borough put in a spirited display away at play-off hopefuls Taunton Town but had nothing to show for their efforts in a 3-2 loss.

Taunton’s half-time lead was cancelled out by George Fenton just past the hour, but the hosts restored their lead within minutes.

Okem Chime provided an instant response from the visitors, but the winning goal from the hosts was just as instantaneous as they restored their lead within a minute of the restart.

A change of shape from the visitors saw them revert to a back three, with George Moore and Chinua Cole providing width as the wing-backs, but it did not pay off to begin with as with only eight minutes played the home side took the lead.

Shane White, who was only on the pitch after successfully appealing his red card against Chesham United last week, played in an excellent cross from the right which was tucked away by Dan Sullivan past the static Luca Ashby-Hammond.

Harrow settled after this and produced their first real threat of the game with a nice flowing move involving Moore, Chime and Michael Bryan which ended up wide of the goal.

Shortly after, Chime played a ball into Bryan whose shot was blocked.

Borough’s renewed purpose continued in the second half and they got the equaliser their play had deserved on 64 minutes when Bryan’s free-kick was met by Fenton’s head to convert his first goal for the club.

Moments later, Taunton went back in front when Matt Wright’s shot was tipped onto the frame of the goal by Ashby-Hammond only for Jamie Short to tap in the rebound, but again Harrow responded, levelling through Chime as he latched onto a poor back-pass and beat Lloyd Irish.

The relentless period continued though, and the hosts went back in front, this time for good, when Harrow conceded possession to Harry Kite, who laid it on for Ryan Brett to fire the winning goal across Ashby-Hammond into the corner.

The result extends Harrow’s losing streak to three games and they have another tough encounter this weekend at home to Poole Town, which kicks off at 3pm.