Wealdstone had a win snatched from them late on as both they and Concord Rangers scored in the final 10 minutes of a 2-2 draw on Saturday.

David Pratt completed his brace in the 82nd minute to give the Stones what looked to be victory, but Alex Wall’s second of the game two minutes later ensured the points were shared.

After a quiet start to the game, Rangers quickly came into their stride and Wall struck his first of the day after only 11 minutes, glancing Tyrone Sterling’s cross past Wealdstone keeper Jonathan North.

Stones responded well and came back at the hosts with a chance of their own. Godfrey Poku delivered from the right after receiving Reece Mitchell’s pass, but Colchester United loanee Eoin McKeown could not guide his near-post header goal-bound.

Wealdstone began to dominate proceedings and their reward came in the 31st minute after good work from McKeown, Ramarni Medford-Smith and Tarryn Allarakhia resulted in McKeown’s shot being parried away by Sam Beasant, but only into the path of Pratt, who tucked in his first goal since November.

The first big chance of the second half went the way of the home side and it was the influential Wall who came close once again, this time racing through to latch onto a Connor Stevens clearance, but his left-footed effort went wide of North’s far post.

The lively McKeown responded with an effort of his own six minutes after Wall’s miss, but his curling strike was comfortably dealt with by Beasant.

Jeffrey Monakana’s introduction in the 69th minute looked to inspire Wealdstone as Rangers struggled to deal with his pace down the left, and he proved to be a crucial figure in Stones taking the lead when he picked up a loose ball on the left and delivered a perfect near-post cross for Pratt to convert his second.

Concord sat in the National League South play-off positions prior to the game and could have gone up to third with a win, while victory for the Stones would have drastically improved their play-off credentials.

Ultimately, it ended up being the result neither team particularly wanted, as Wall scored his and Concord’s second only two minutes after the visitors had taken the lead.

Danny Green crossed in from the right and Wall was waiting at the back post to fire in the equaliser from point-blank range.

Stones’ next outing will see them host struggling Hungerford Town in the league on Saturday.