Dylan Kearney scored twice as Harrow Borough got back to winning ways and reached the quarter-finals of the Middlesex Senior Cup with a 3-1 victory.

Having conceded a late winner to lose for the second week running in a 3-2 defeat at Walton Casuals on Saturday, Borough took the lead on Tuesday through George Moore’s 22nd-minute strike.

Kearney scored his first three minutes before the break and then further strengthened Harrow’s grip on the contest six minutes after the restart.

Although Kyran Worrell pulled one back almost immediately, Borough remained in control to reach the last eight.

It had been a different story at the weekend when substitute Luke Holness popped up with the winner nine minutes from time, just moments after James Ewington had dragged Walton back on level terms.

Harrow got off to a flying start in the FA Trophy the previous week against Biggleswade Town and almost repeated the trick in the league on Saturday, but Anthony O’Connor could only shoot straight at Denzel Gerrar with just the goalkeeper to beat.

O’Connor had another opportunity minutes later, but blazed wide of the target. However, Harrow’s pressure finally paid off soon after when Ryan Moss tucked home from close range having capitalised on an error from Gerrar.

Gerrar was a busy man during the early stages, saving well from both Moss and Moore to keep the home side in the game.

But Walton rallied following the restart and got back on level terms when Dan Bennett was on hand to flick home Jack Battie’s free-kick.

Substitute Kearney would restore Harrow’s advantage though, when he rose highest to head past Gerrar at the far post after capitalising on a failed clearance from a defender.

But just like against Biggleswade, Harrow collapsed late on.

Ewington dragged Walton back on level terms when he converted at the far post, and he would play an influential role in the home side’s winner, with his shot being parried by Hafed Al-Droubi into the path of Holness, who tapped home from close range.