Don’t leave Harrow Borough home games early. For the fourth match running, there was a late goal at The Rogers Family Stadium, and for the second time it was to Harrow’s advantage, as Anthony O’Connor struck with an 84th-minute leveller to ensure the points were shared in what was a very entertaining 2-2 draw with Hartley Wintney.

Steve Baker selected an unchanged line-up from the fine win at Chesham, but the game was just three minutes old when Nick Ciardini cut in from the left and although Mitchal Gough blocked his initial shot, the rebound fell for the Wintney player, who powered it across Hafed Al-Droubi into the far corner.

George Moore hit a rising drive past the near post before Harrow levelled after 10 minutes following a succession of corners. Michael Bryan’s delivery to the near post was misjudged by Hartley keeper Adam Desbois, the ball dipping over him for Ryan Moss to stab home from very close in.

A jinking run from Bryan set up Dylan Kearney, but the previous week’s two-goal hero saw his shot blocked.

At the other end a brave intercepting header from Ryan Haugh stopped Nathan Smart from meeting a left-wing cross, but it was at the expense of a corner which was a let-off for Borough, as Luke King’s glancing header from it came off the near post.

Smart was denied by Al-Droubi, Joshua Webb fired a 20-yarder over and Shaun Preddie made a fine interception to stop Jack French’s pass reaching Ciardini as the visitors continued to press.

Hartley should have regained the lead when French’s cross was headed back across goal and, stretching, Michael Campbell fired over from close in. Tyron Smith then went close with a long-range shot.

As the interval approached, Harrow got back in the game and Lewis Cole’s driving run ended with a shot narrowly wide, Frank Keita fired over from the edge of the box and Moore’s effort was saved by Desbois.

The visitors dominated early in the second period and retook the lead when Smart’s 52nd-minute left-wing corner curled straight into the goal, the blustery wind seeming to confuse Al-Droubi.

Moore’s strong run ended with a powerful shot parried by Adam Desbois, but that led to an immediate break from Hartley and a shot across the goalmouth from Campbell.

French was then off-target after good work by Smart, Haugh shot over for Harrow after Bryan had brought the ball forward, with Webb foiled by Al-Droubi after another good break.

It took a triple substitution from Baker to breathe some extra spark into Harrow and with 15 minutes left they began to have exert more pressure.

The referee waved away penalty claims after Moss went to ground under a Hartley challenge, before two of the new introductions played key parts in the equaliser, as Harry Rush combined with Moss to send in O’Connor who struck the ball home, possibly with the aid of a slight deflection.

Desbois came out to the edge of his area to get his head to the ball just before Rush, Moss and O’Connor having combined to give him the half-chance.

Al-Droubi kept out a fierce free-kick from Webb, and Haugh had a shot blocked at the other end, as a fine game ended all-square.