Wealdstone achieved a dramatic second-half turnaround at Treyew Road on Saturday to come from behind at beat Truro City 3-1.

David Pratt notched a rapid-fire brace to not only break his duck but also kill off an in-form Truro side who had looked very comfortable with a single-goal lead in a scrappy first period. Stones sealed the win with another very assured Danny Green penalty.

Having made the long 300-mile trip into Cornwall on Friday, Stones were in no mood to see the game called off due to the prevailing ‘Cornish Mist’ and manager Bobby Wilkinson revealed after the match that he ensured he was present for the early-morning pitch inspection.

It appeared the home officials wanted the game off but Wilkinson and final arbiter, referee Samuel Allison were having none of it and the match proceeded on a soft but perfectly playable surface.

The visitors opted to start the contest with a single striker up front but after a reasonable first few minutes it was apparent this tactic was going to be hard work against a pressing White Tigers side, who were finding space in the wide areas and playing three at the back.

Stones were rocked after only five minutes when a loose ball found Ben Harding and he lashed home past an exposed Jonathan North.

The away side’s most effective outlet, as the half progressed, was loanee Iffy Allen who teased and danced his way on the right flank but couldn’t quite make the link up with the forwards when it mattered.

City were good value for their lead and continued to look the more positive and assured with their forward play, winning corners as the pressure on the Stones back line increased.

The visitors’ best chance came from a deep run from the ever-hard-working Pratt but he fired over under pressure. Then as the half concluded, Eddie Oshodi had a header well held by keeper Tom McHale.

Whether it was the half-time Wilkinson hair dryer treatment or the change to two up front following the introduction of Dan Fitchett, Wealdstone looked a transformed side after the break.

Stones were immediately on the offensive and from an initial corner they levelled within two minutes.

The relief of scoring his first Stones goal was there for all to see as Pratt turned in a scrambled opportunity as he celebrated with the fans. But he wasn’t finished.

From the restart the former Chippenham Town striker broke free from a great five-man build-up and he fired clinically past McHale, leaving the White Tigers shell shocked and trailing.

Stones then took full control but to the Tigers’ credit they still had a sting in the tails - none more so than when the impressive Marcus Johnson-Schuser had to clear off his line.

But on 64 minutes Stones sealed the points. Fitchett, whose hold up play made a telling contribution, was upended in the box and Green coolly fired home the spot-kick to make it 3-1.

City still had time to rattle North’s upright but Stones defence held firm to ensure that the long trip was very worthwhile.

Wealdstone: North, Johnson-Schuser, Okimo, Gayle, Oshodi, Cox, Whichelow, Wellard, Pratt, Green, Allen. Subs used: Fitchett, Sellers, Goodger. Subs not used: Wilson, Otudeko.