Wealdstone got the better of Carshalton Athletic twice in both the league and cup this week.

The Stones put the disappointment of defeat to Corby Town in the FA Trophy behind them with a 3-0 win over Carshalton in the Ryman Premier League.

Gordon Bartlett’s side followed this up with a 2-1 away win over them in the Ryman League Cup last night.

In their second meeting in the space of four days, Carshalton took the lead when Hakeem Adelakun’s 45-yard free-kick deceived the goalkeeper and found its way into the net.

Wealdstone equalised after an hour when Shabazz Baidoo broke into the box before squaring the ball to Alex Dyer who made no mistake from close range.

The winning goal came when Lee Chappell curled home a delightful free-kick from 20 yards.

It was a lot easier for the Stones on Saturday as they moved up to third in the table. Incredibly it was their first home win over the Robins for 49 years.

The hosts took the lead after 28 minutes when Richard Jolly set up Tom Pett for the opener.

Wealdstone’s second goal came when Nathan Webb threaded the ball through to Jolly and the striker fired the ball into the net.

The Stones, who travel to Margate on Saturday, wrapped up a convincing victory with their third of the game after Peter Dean and Dyer combined for Baidoo to apply the finish.

Meanwhile, Wealdstone have strengthened their squad by signing former Newport County striker Ramone Rose.

The 22-year-old has been unattached so far this season and is now looking to kick start his career with the Stones.

Rose started off as a trainee with Queens Park Rangers and made his first team debut for the club as a second half substitute against West Bromwich Albion in 2008.

The forward also had loan spells at Northampton Town, Cheltenham Town and Torquay United.

Rose joined Thai club Muangthong United before moving to Newport County on non-contract terms. He appeared against the Stones in the semi-finals of the FA Trophy last season before going on to play in the Wembley final.