An teenager has been found guilty of murdering an 18-year-old in Northolt.

Talented footballer Jason Isaacs, 18, was stabbed four times in the back in Newnham Close at around 10.30pm on Saturday November 18 2017.

Joel Amade, 18, of Eastwood Road, Ilford, was found guilty of Jason's Isaacs by a jury after a trial at the Old Bailey.

He will be sentenced on May 13.

During the trial, which began on Monday, 18 March, the court heard how 18-year-old Jason and four of his friends had made their way to the area after deciding to spend their Saturday night at a friend’s house.

They walked to Oldfields Circus in Northolt and bought some drinks, before heading along Orchard Close.

As they got past the junction heading towards Girton Road, two mopeds appeared and drove at speed towards the group.

On each moped was a rider and a pillion passenger, who were all masked or wearing helmets and carrying weapons. They stopped the mopeds at Newnham Gardens, jumped off, and began to chase Jason and his friends.

The gang got on their mopeds again and Jason became separated from his friends.

He was pursued into Newnham Close, a residential cul-de-sac, and set upon in what was described as a shocking and sustained knife attack, before his attackers fled on the mopeds.

Jason was taken to St Mary’s Hospital, and immediately had surgery. He remained critical for some time before dying three days later at 11.55am.

Prior to the arrival of London Ambulance Service, one of Jason’s friends and a resident, whose door Jason had knocked on in distress, attempted first aid.

A post mortem examination at Uxbridge Mortuary on November 24 2017 found he had been stabbed four times in the back, and it was one of these which proved to be the fatal injury. Jason also had a wounds to his upper right arm, right elbow, right knee and left thigh.

These were consistent with injuries caused by a sword or machete.

Amade was first arrested two days after the attack on suspicion of attempted murder before being bailed. He was arrested again on Thursday, 30 November 2018 and charged with murder.

Amade appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court the following day where he denied murder and was remanded in custody.

Amade - originally from the Harrow area – left his home in Ilford at around 4.45pm on the day of the attack and used public transport to get to Northolt.

CCTV showed that he was carrying a black motorcycle helmet and had made a telephone call just before he headed over to north west London.

By 12.30am, around two hours after the attack, Amade took a train back to east London and was caught on a CCTV camera at Wembley Park station wearing the same clothes as he had been seen in earlier that day.

When he was arrested in Ilford, these clothes - a puffed jacket and hoody were found - alongside the helmet which also featured a distinctive V shaped logo. This matched that of a moped pillion rider captured on nearby CCTV shortly before the attack.

Police recovered one of the mopeds used and blood was found on one of the body panels. DNA profiled identified Amade as being the likely contributor on a one in a billion basis.

Detective Sergeant Jonathan Hurley from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, who led the investigation, said:n“I would like to recognise the bravery of Jason’s mother and family, as harrowing evidence about the murder was heard and shown in court.

“The residents of Newnham Close and Jason’s friends who tried in vain to save his life, will also have to live with the events of that night for the rest of their lives.

“Jason never regained consciousness and his family were not able to say goodbye.

“I hope today’s verdict brings some degree of closure and modest level of comfort to his loved ones.”

An 18-year-old man who also stood trial for murder alongside Amade was found not guilty.