For a long time, the entertainment factor at Grosvenor Vale has come under the microscope, as Wealdstone often faltered under the pressure of performing in front of one of the most sizeable crowds in the sixth tier.

But perhaps a corner has been turned. A 3-0 win over Bognor Regis Town on Saturday finally brought new boss Bobby Wilkinson his first victory, at the fifth attempt, and last night the flying Stones put another four beyond Poole Town in front of 807 estatic fans.

That 4-1 triumph took a while to get going, and was won in seven breakneck first-half minutes just before the break, when Matty Whichelow scored a quickfire double and Abobaker Eisa added a third.

Warren Bentley pulled a goal back for Poole after half-time to give them a hint of belief of a comeback, but Dan Fitchett slotted in a fourth in the last minute of normal time.

Wilkinson made one change from the side which had eased beyond Bognor Regis, bringing in Josh Hill to replace Ciaron Brown, despite the latter's goal at the weekend.

Last week the new boss' side were accused of lacking fitness after their capitulation at Weston-super-Mare, but looked in fine fettle for their second game in three days this week.

That said, Poole had the better of the chances in the opening half-hour, Jez Bedford flashing a shot wide and Jack Dickson forcing Jonathan North into a smart save when clean through.

In fact, it wasn't until the 35th minute when Fitchett nodded wide from Whichelow's cross that the hosts even looked like scoring - but it would not be long before they did.

Three minutes later, provider-turned-scorer Whichelow was picked out by full-back Ryan Sellers, and took advantage of a slip from Lewis Lindsay to pick his spot beyond Nick Hutchings for the opener.

He was having deja vu within moments when found in space in almost the same position, before beating Hutchings again, but to his other side.

Eisa hit a shellshocked Poole for a third a minute before the break, chasing a deep corner before turning back into the box and blasting a low effort into the corner.

It could've been four not long after half-time, and in embarrassing circumstances for the visitors; Danny Green's free-kick was nodded back by Jamie Whisken's header, and only the crossbar spared his blushes.

Instead, the Dolphins made it 3-1 with a simple goal, when Bentley latched onto a long free-kick, shrugging off Eisa and using a deflection off Hill to beat North.

It gave the visitors the belief that they could salvage a point, and they pushed on for long periods in the final half-hour.

But their chances were already as good as gone by the time Fitchett added a fourth in the 90th minute, after substitute Stephane Ngamvoulou turned his man and fed the former Sutton striker.

The result takes Wealdstone up to 13th in the table, and away from the relegation places which have loomed over their early-season form.

Wealdstone: North, Oshodi, Sellers, Hill, Day, Wellard (Ngamvoulou 70), Whichelow, Okimo, Fitchett, Green (Godfrey 89), Eisa (O’Brien 70).

Not used: Benyon, Osei.