Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting Harrow Times to 80360, or email us
Eight escape flat fire in Kenton
A flat was badly damaged and eight people escaped from a fire in the early hours of this morning.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at the loft conversion in Kenton Road, Kenton, at 3am.
Fire engines from Harrow, Stanmore, Southall, Finchley stations and two from Wembley fire station and 35 firefighters attended the scene.
Acton station manager Carl St Paul said: “The people in the flat were alerted by a smoke alarm and they did the right thing by getting out of the flat and staying out so that no-one was injured.”
Crews had the fire under control by 5.34am and the cause of the blaze is believed to be a cigarette left unattended.
Comments are closed on this article.