Get involved: send your pictures, video & news by texting Harrow Times to 80360, or upload here
New Harrow Borough Council cabinet announced
The new Labour administration set to take control of Harrow Borough Council has announced its cabinet.
Labour group leader Councillor David Perry is due to be confirmed as leader of counciil at the meeting on Thursday after his party won a majority in the local elections last month.
In the proposed cabinet, a new member for community, culture and resident engagement has been created to help the borough connect more with people in the borough.
Cllr Perry, who will take the role of strategy, partnerships and corporate leadership, said: “This administration is all about consulting and empowering people so the council works with them and hears their views on major decisions.
“I believe this is a cabinet which contains the right mix of experience and new members who are full of energy and new ideas to make a difference for communities, businesses and families in Harrow, as well as supporting the most vulnerable and helping residents cope with the cost of living crisis.
“With £75m of cuts being forced on Harrow Council, our cabinet will look to consult with residents at every opportunity to bring about real and positive change in these challenging times for Harrow.”
The cabinet includes:
- Cllr Margaret Davine: Adults and Older People
- Cllr Glen Hearnden: Housing
- Cllr Sachin Shah: Finance and Major contracts
- Cllr Keith Ferry: Business, Planning and Regeneration
- Cllr Anne Whitehead: Public Health, Equality and Wellbeing
- Cllr Varsha Parmar: Environment, Crime and Community Safety
- Cllr Simon Brown: Children, Schools and Young People
- Cllr Graham Henson: Performance, Corporate Resources and Policy Development
- Cllr Sue Anderson: Community, Culture and Resident Engagement
Comments are closed on this article.