Vehicles seized as part of operation against uninsured drivers in Harrow

Harrow Times: Vehicles seized as part of operation against uninsured drivers Vehicles seized as part of operation against uninsured drivers

Police seized ten vehicles as part of a London-wide operation to catch uninsured drivers.

Officers from Harrow were taking part of a day of action for Operation Cubo, which saw a total of 288 vehicles taken off the road and 53 people arrested across London.

Harrow Borough Commander Simon Ovens said: "Anyone found using our roads without insurance will be dealt with robustly.

"Uninsured drivers are a danger to all road users and we will continue to target many areas of our borough to tackle offenders.

“With results like this we are sending a strong message to people who chose to drive without insurance that we will seize your vehicle and remove it from our roads.

The operation last week was the 31st as part of the scheme, which has led to the seizure of 305 vehicles in Harrow since it launched in 2011.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:39pm Thu 15 May 14

diligaf says...

Mr Ovens trying to take all the glory again... yet its the actaul guys n gals on the street that do the donkey work, not fly a desk unlike others ,,,,
Mr Ovens trying to take all the glory again... yet its the actaul guys n gals on the street that do the donkey work, not fly a desk unlike others ,,,, diligaf
  • Score: -1

3:20pm Fri 16 May 14

Sonoo Malkani says...

Why are you so intent on firing bullets at everybody including our Borough Commander?The article clearly states" officers from Harrow "took part in Operation Cubo and not Simon Ovens himself going it alone!

Of course,he being the top cop has to speak on their behalf and highlight the good work the are doing.He has sounded a very clear warning to ALL similar offenders to watch out as HARROW POLICE will not brook their flouting of the Law.You call that taking all the glory???

By the way,before you make baseless accusations,I am not receiving any back-handers!!
Why are you so intent on firing bullets at everybody including our Borough Commander?The article clearly states" officers from Harrow "took part in Operation Cubo and not Simon Ovens himself going it alone! Of course,he being the top cop has to speak on their behalf and highlight the good work the are doing.He has sounded a very clear warning to ALL similar offenders to watch out as HARROW POLICE will not brook their flouting of the Law.You call that taking all the glory??? By the way,before you make baseless accusations,I am not receiving any back-handers!! Sonoo Malkani
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree