People living near the scene of a stabbing that left a man in hospital say they are worried for their safety.
A 45-year-old man who had been stabbed was found in the street in Wood Close, just off Charles Crescent, Harrow, at 9pm on Sunday March 2.
He was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Jane Mutahi, 49, who lives in a nearby flat, said: “Last night we did not know what was happening. We thought the worst had happened.
“It is very worrying because this is such a quiet road and because I have two children and now I fear for their safety.
“To have a crime like this on your doorstep is just awful. We don’t know if we are safe.”
Andy Marshall, 66, who lives near the scene said: "I have lived here for 35 years and there has never been anything like this.
“When I saw the amount of police down here I thought something terrible had happened.
“This is quiet road and people usually keep themselves to themselves, so for something like this to happen here is horrible.”
Members of the police forensic team were at the scene today examining one of the ground floor flats, and blood can be seen on the door frame of the block.
London ambulance crews and a road unit from the London Air Ambulance attended the incident and treated the man for nearly an hour last night.
Forensic teams remained in Wood Close for the whole night searching the area for evidence.
Members of Harrow CID are now investigating the incident and officers say they have arrested two men aged 50 and 54 in connection with the incident. Enquiries are ongoing.
This is the second stabbing in the borough in the last week after a man was taken to hospital when he was found with a stab wound to his shoulder near a bus stop in Locket Road, Wealdstone.