THE response to the Times' campaign to make transport Music Free' has been remarkable.
This week we caught up with co- campaigner Tom Wright, founder of online site Music Free Buses, to find out how our campaign is affecting his online petition.
Tom said: "We have had signatures from Hayes and Harrow and Ealing, but we need more exposure - 30 or 40 people have to sign it every day and then we can go to Transport for London and get them to do something."
Tom added that already he had seen an increase in the amount of activity online - nearly 600 people have signed the petition.
If you want to take part visit www.hovis21.com and have your say.
Tom, who has been running the campaign with his girlfriend Valeria Martinelli, said: "I still come across people playing music from their phones and I can guarantee that when we go out this Friday night we will experience it.
"Valeria and I aren't massive bus users anymore because of it. I tend to use the train more.
"The comments I get online show me that it is still a problem that travel companies need to address."
Tom explained that he has written to every transport company he can think of and that most of them seem unprepared to do anything about it.
He added that Mayor Ken Livingstone said in his London Assembly address last November "that there should be an absolute prohibition on playing music from mobile devices".
But Tom said that so far all Transport for London have done is stick up some posters asking people to keep their music down.
He added: "You can see the apathy with commuters, they don't want the hassle. If there is a noise or behaviour they just ignore it.
"People see this stuff so regularly they don't want to stand up and do anything about it.
"And the only way to solve it is to do something about it."
- Have your say by adding your comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org